Dermatology Expert Forum
Red Rash without itching

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Red Rash without itching
I have a red rash on my chest and lower abdomen.The rash does not itch and is not raised.I have had the rash for a few weeks.
I have a hairy chest and I work out at the gym every day.Could this problem be caused by sweating?The rash does not seem to cover the entire chest area.
I really can't say.  It could be from sweating, I guess--are there red spots, or is it scaly?  If scaly, it could be eczema.  I guess you can wait a week or two if the rash doesn't bother you, but if it doesn't go away, you'll need to be seen for proper diagnosis.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
I have this red bloach inbetween my breast on my chest.. i have had it for like 3 months now and it started out as a lil circle and now it is gettin bigger and seperating into smaller pieces not all are circular .. i cant make a doctors appt. because i dont have any insurance.. could you adleast help me try to figure out what it is.. *P.S this is the only place the redness is .. no it doesnt bother me..