Dermatology Expert Forum
Red Scrotum with Burning

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Red Scrotum with Burning

I have had a very Red Scrotum for about the last 3-weeks and it is has been very sensitive (i.e to hot water or other creams I have put on it.) I noticed this about 3 weeks ago. I had a small rash on my groin that went about in a couple of days after using Jock Itch cream, but the Red Scrotum continues.

I have went to the doctor about 3 times and have tried everything from Duflicun for a yeast infection, and several creams for Jock Itch. I was tested for STDs, but the test were negative.

It seems to be more red when I get out of the shower almost a bright red.

I am on prednisone right now, but it does not seem to help.

This has been going on for about the past 3-weeks, and I am planning to see a dermitoligist on Monday.

Could this be herpes? I have had no sores or anything visable, and I thought the symptoms only lasted about 1-week.

No, it could not be herpes.  Red scrotum could be mild eczema, or perhaps you're just noticing the blood vessels in the thin skin of the scrotum more than you used to.  I hope and assume you aren't on prednisone because of the scrotum.  I would avoid using topical steroids on the area for any length of time, as your dermatologist will no doubt tell you when you go.  But again, this does not sound like an STD.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
1 Comment
A related discussion, Can anyone help me ? was started.