Dermatology Expert Forum
Red Scrotum with Burning
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Red Scrotum with Burning

I have had a very Red Scrotum for about the last 3-weeks and it is has been very sensitive (i.e to hot water or other creams I have put on it.) I noticed this about 3 weeks ago. I had a small rash on my groin that went about in a couple of days after using Jock Itch cream, but the Red Scrotum continues.

I have went to the doctor about 3 times and have tried everything from Duflicun for a yeast infection, and several creams for Jock Itch. I was tested for STDs, but the test were negative.

It seems to be more red when I get out of the shower almost a bright red.

I am on prednisone right now, but it does not seem to help.

This has been going on for about the past 3-weeks, and I am planning to see a dermitoligist on Monday.

Could this be herpes? I have had no sores or anything visable, and I thought the symptoms only lasted about 1-week.