Red Skin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Red Skin

My husband, since I've known him, has had reddish, dotted skin from his upper chest to his face.  He is generally healthy, but his skin gets severly itchy, where it is red, especially in the winter months.  Sometimes, he looks like he's going to explode, it gets so red!  He also gets irritated "flu like" skin a lot, although he does not have the flu.  There is no raised rash, it is an even colour and dotted, by dotted, I mean the red is visible and between there is "normal" pigment visible.  There is no scaliness, weeping, sores, etc.  I always think he's got extremely high blood pressure, but he's been tested and it's fine.  He has never seen a dermatologist, as his doctor has told him it's just the colour of his skin.  I am worried about him and would love to know whether this may be worth seeking the adivce of a dermatologist.  Thanks so much for your time!