Dermatology Community
Red Sore On Penile Shaft.
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Red Sore On Penile Shaft.

Hey doctor whats up?I'm actualy new to this but I'm really worried and trying to look at my options asap.If you could reply to my message whenever you get time because as I said, I'm pretty worried. Just to let you know I'm a virgin but I've had this small growth on my penis. I don't know if you can call it a growth or not but its red and it hurts. I think its a pimple but I don't see a white head. I've tried to pop it but it doesn't pop. This usually occurs in the inital stages of a pimple i.e you cant see a white head and its hard to pop. This pimple aka growth started about 2 days ago. It hurts when pressure is applied. I'm kinda worried and wanted to know what it could be before looking for other options.

Thanks.
Related Discussions
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
From the symptoms it sounds like folliculitis. Folliculitis starts when hair follicles are damaged by friction from clothing or blockage of the follicle. In most cases of folliculitis, the damaged follicles are then infected with the bacteria Staphylococcus (staph).

Please keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful. In case the symptoms persist then oral antibiotics may be needed. Please consult a dermatologist in that case.
I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...