Red Sores in Scalp

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Red Sores in Scalp

I have had these sores in my scalp for the last 4 years. They are not really pimples as they are just red sores that are very painful and sensitive if I press down on them. I usually pick at them and they scab up until they go away. right now I probably have 5-8 in different areas of my head. I have tried T-gel for weeks but that does not seem to do anything! please help!
They sound like infected hair follicles or boils. Boils are caused by infection of the hair follicle by staph aureus. Apply warm compresses on the bumps and keep the area clean. Drainage of the bump is done only when it becomes soft and forms a head. Take some over the counter pain reliever and consult a doctor for examination and antibiotics prescription. If there are recurrent boils, then please get your blood sugar levels estimated.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.