Red Sores...Jock itch?
About a month ago I had strep throat and was placed on antibiotics.  Although they worked, I noticed that I did sweat a lot, and in the process afterwards, my groin became itchy.  Around the same time, I would masturbate and noticed a  mild burning sensation, like a friction burn.  Initially I thought it was from the lubrication I was using.  So I used Lamisil for about a week and the itch has subsided for the most part.  But I noticed two sore-like spots on my penis, one on the head and a smaller one on the shaft.  No fluid, not raised.  After Lamisil I started using a Neosporin/Jock itch cream for about a week so far and the itch on my scrotum and penis seems to be going away, but the spots (which look like friction burns) remain.  By the way, they dont burn, itch at all.  Is this persistent jock itch?  Thanks!
I also forgot to mention that when I began using Lamisil, my penis had some hard patches, almost as it had rough skin.  thanks!

This could be due to jock itch, tears or cuts due to friction, sweat dermatitis etc.

'Jock itch causes itching or a burning sensation in the groin area, thigh skin folds, or anus. It may involve the inner thighs and genital areas, as well as extending back to the perineum and perianal areas.'

Jock itch is treated with one of two types of antifungal medications — miconazole/ clotrimazole or terbinafine. Generally, terbinafine require a shorter treatment time, while azoles are less expensive but require longer treatment time.

For a mild case of jock itch, your doctor may suggest first using an over-the-counter antifungal ointment, lotion, powder or spray. Most infections respond well to topical agents.

You could read more about the condition at the following link -

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/jock-itch/DS00490

and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jock_Itch

Let us know if you need any other information and post us about how you are doing.

Regards.