Red Spots turning into 'brown' spots

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Red Spots turning into 'brown' spots

Another question, no idea what this is. Have noticed that 'red' spots periodically appear (they almost look like it is bloody, except it is under the skin, very tiny like pinpricks), but then they turn into brown spots almost a week later (like moles). Any idea what that is, and how to stop that from happening?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi.

For how long has this been happening?

Reddish bumps which seem to occur beneath the skin may be due to certain systemic conditions such as a bleeding parameter disorder or coagulation problems. I am not saying this is you case. This is just one of the differentials. Cherry angiomas may also be a differential here but they usually occur in the older age group.

How old are you?

Have you bee assessed by a doctor along this line?
Thanks, I haven't been assessed by a doctor, it is something I've just recently realized is probably abnormal (I thought it was 'normal' before, but then realizing these flatwarts were popping up, thought it might be something to get taken a look at as well, so will be soon). Noticed this site so wanted some advice here as well.

It's not actually a 'bump', it is smooth, and like i said about the size of a pin prihk. I guess you'd say an older age group (not eldery though). And I think maybe the last year.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi.

Pin sized or dot like reddish spots may be termed petechiae. They may be due to scratching which could have led to some degree of abrasions. However, do not think this is the case, as you have not mentioned of anything like this. I suggest that you have this assessed by your doctor. This may not be something urgent and you have only noted this in certain parts of your body.

Is there any associated change in the appearance and character of your urine?

Any gum bleeding?

Have this assessed early on. This has been present for quite sometime and in the absence of other symptoms this may not be something which you have to be very worried about.
I don't *believe* it is due to scratching... But they are pinsized (actually I should clarify -- most are -- but some are larger, maybe 3mm) -- but they seem to turn into 'moles'/'beauty spots' (the brown spots) after about 1-2 weeks. It seems to be all over my body (i.e., I have noticed it in different locations), not localized, but the most 'obvious' spots appear to be my arms (probably because I 'see' them the most). I probably noticed that happening a year ago, but at that time thought it was 'normal'. The main reason I've paid more attention is because of these flatwarts, then figured maybe somehow they were related, or maybe it is something I should pay attention to.

As far as I know (aside from when I take vitamins), my urine has been the same color. What color(s) should I pay attention to? Gum bleeding *maybe* a little bit (but that seems to be usually if I brush my teeth fairly vigourously or use floss). What significance would that play?

I'm 66 years and I get these spots all the time. They are up to the size of a pea. They appear, are under the skin, mostly on my arms. There's no itching and no  scratching.

They stay for a few days, then disappear, but leaves a brown mark, almost like a freckle.

Do I lack something in my diet? You can imagine what my arms look like by now! Presently I sit with about 20 of these red spots. I always have to cover up my arms. They look terrible!.

PLEASE, help me! I'm so embarrassed!

I get them too.
they seem to show up mostly in my back upper more, I'm Luckier.
they started about 5 yrs ago and seem to be rapidly multiplying.
I have an appointment with my doctor to discuss but am not expecting a through answer.
Does anyone have a real answer to what causes these red spots that turn brown in a few days or few weeks?
Thank you
Larry

Hi, I have this spot that first appear like red points but then turn into brown spot and it has been getting bigger, actually this appeared 3 years ago maybe, at first i didn't feel worried about it because I hadn't thought that those spots would become bigger and bigger. Now i feel sad because i think that spots that i have in my ankle look disgusting and rare and i feel ashamed,  i really don't know what to do, i feel depressed. I have visited two doctors, both didn't know what causes that, they recommended me creams and i used them but i didn't see any improvement, the spots continue growing, i hope this cream, that the second doctor recently recommended me, works well.