Red Spots?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Red Spots?

Okay so for a good while now I've had these 'spots'. Now they don't hurt or anything and I've only a few (one under my left arm just below my armpit, and 3-4 down close to my pubic hair lining) and every once in awhile they'll flake and peel but only a little bit. Now the one under my left arm was darker but seems to be vanishing some what. I've had a couple before some months back(2 on my belly) but they went away(I didn't do anything to them either, they just did) but now the ones that are lower have been there for awhile now. I don't really mind them as they don't hurt and aren't expanding or anything. I've just been assuming they were maybe from sweat and fabric rubbing due to the type of job I have that requires constant moving, and with where the spots are they match up with where the rim of my undies would be rubbing frequently from leaning over belt edges and such. I work in a warehouse environment and this past summer was extremely hot, so that's why I assumed maybe it was sweat or something. I bathe everyday when I get off from work and I'd be figuring now that it's gotten colder out they would maybe go away and they haven't. I would hate to run off to my doctor and pay a large amount just be told it's possibly a rash and will go away with treatment. But since they aren't physically bothering me, should I be worried?
Without examination,confirmation of a diagnosis is tough but it can be contact dermatitis,rash due to friction rub with clothes, folliculitis,dermatitis (atopic, contact, allergic), heat rash or excessive sweating causing sweat dermatitis.

You may try calamine lotion on the rash. You should also maintain hygiene and try to keep the area clean and dry, wear loose-fitting cotton clothing. Also use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove.Avoid deodorant / cosmetics. You can also use a barrier cream with zinc oxide paste or petroleum jelly or a thick moisturizing cream applied directly to wet skin after bathing.

If the rash persists then it will be best to get it evaluated from a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers