Red Whelps itch and burn

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Red Whelps itch and burn

I have 5 big red whelps I am not sure if they are bug bit or not. I woke up with them this morning but I only had four when I woke up. The smallest is about a quater size on the upper part of my left arm to slightly larger on the lower inside of my forearm on the left side, and two substantally larger ones on my neck. The are very red and iritated, itchy and they burn. They are deep red in the center with white marks in the center they fade out in color and are very hard in the center any idea of what this might be or if i was a bug bite or what I can do about them? I have already tried hydrocortozone cream and bynadrill but neither has worked.
Tags: red, whelps, itch, burn
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.
The exact cause of your rash can be determined only after I examine you.Allergies, inflammation and infection all can give rise to such rashes. They could be hives or dermatitis. In atopic dermatitis there are scaly patches on legs, arms, torso and scalp. There is severe itching which worsens in winters. Contact dermatitis occurs after coming in contact with a substance which may cause allergy. Conditions like psoriasis and Pityriasis rosea cause scaly patches on the body. Allergic drug rashes,  bacterial and fungal infections are few other possibilities. Get the rash seen by a dermatologist for correct diagnosis and treatment. I hope it helps.
Best of luck and regards!