Red and Itchy Bumps on Swollen fingers?
During the school year last year, my brother started to have swollen fingers (not his thumb), and on the fingers there would be red itchy bumps.
He says that sometimes they will feel warm when they begin to get irritated and then get extremely itchy.
He only gets these every few months or so, and they will stay for about a week tops.
As far as he remembers, he never got them during the summer.
They do not work on a schedule, and only appear every so often.
His hands are also slightly discolored when all of this happens.
Either it is due to the bumbs, or it was just the cold.
It seems to him that they get extremely irritated when not at home and in the middle of the day.
I think it is right to mention that in the winter our house is fairly cold, sometimes colder than outside on warmer winter days.
They do not seep puss or anything of that nature, they are just round bumps.
As far as we know he has no history of allergies.
If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated. :)

Dyshidrotic eczema is one such possibility which can present with such itchy bumps. The exact cause is not known and excessive sweating can be one of the reasons. But some triggers like allergic reaction to soaps, detergents, foods, latex, nickel etc may trigger the symptoms. Apply some calamine lotion on the affected area and keep the area well moisturized. Use only thin applications of moisturizer ointments as excessive amounts of ointment may restrict breathing of the skin and aggravate the condition.

Topical steroids can be applied but they are available under prescription. Moreover to prevent infection, topical antibiotics may be needed. I suggest you to consult a dermatologist and get it evaluated.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.