Dermatology Expert Forum
Red and Purple Dots and 'Bruises' on penis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

About 3 dys ago, I noticed that I had multiple red dots, about the size of a freckle on the left side and bottom of my penis, extending to the head of the penis.  I also had large (thumb-sized) purple bruises along the side and bottom of penis.  They were not painful or itchy, and appeared to have come overnight.  I did begin recently having unprotected sex with my girlfriend and the last time we had sex was 10 days before this episode.  It had also been a few weeks since I last masturbated.
Other factors could be that I had a total cleanse performed (colonic) 10 days ago, and I was injured playing soccer (neck injury) last weekend.  
Additionally, I noticed an area near the base of my penis as well that was somewhat raw and painful (about the size fo a quarter), but this has subsided with the application of lotion (remained for 2-3 days.)  The spots are now fading and the 'bruises' are going away.  I also have a tender spot on my right butt cheek, just inside of the part you normally sit on in a chair (towards the anus).  It feels kind of like a sore, or something (maybe from sitting in seats on airplanes so frewquently)  Are these things related?  Is this an STD?  Do you have any idea what could have caused this?
Bruises are usually caused by trauma.  You would know better than I which activity would have bruised your penis.  The same holds true for rawness and irritation.  

Without seeing you, that's all I can say.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
Syphilis has similar bruise-like symptoms -- do a web search and you can find photos, to see if they match what yours looked like (since they're fading).  The test is a simple blood test, so no awful metal-Qtip-in-the-penis test like for clamydia (chlamydia).  And, syphilis is running rampant these days, so get checked!

Also, there's no reason to get colonics.  The body has its own cleansing system that works just fine, and colonics can rupture the wall of your colon.  Put your money into massages instead; many more proven health benefits (and they feel much nicer than having a hose in your bottom).
Getting a blood test is fine, but bruising is not a sign of syphilis.

Dr. Rockoff
A related discussion, Red sores on penis was started.