Red areas/blood vessels close to skin on lower leg

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I have a few good sized areas of redness on the inner side of my left lower leg starting at my ankle and going up toward my knee.  They are not symptomatic and disappear when my elevate my leg.  This leads me to the assumption that I must have blood vessels that are very close to the surface of the skin.  I am 33 and healthy and have had these red areas for as long as I can remember.  They have always been the same size.  I am very self conscious of these areas and hate wearing shorts in public.  It really lowers my self esteem and quality of life.  I have researched this on the internet and can not seem to find anything describing what I have.  I am trying to figure out what causes this and if anything can be done to make these areas go away.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!        
From these symptoms these can be due to blood vessels and vasculitis. Vasculitis is inflammation of the blood vessels. Diagnosis is confirmed after a biopsy of involved tissue demonstrates the pattern of blood vessel inflammation.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

I also have theses blood spots on my  legs and sometimes on my arms.
I went to a Dematology and he didn't know what they were. Told me not to ues soap. Mine is all over my legs now. What should I do?