Aa
A
A
Close
Red blemish on lower lip
Hi,

I have had a red blemish that is right at the bottom of my lip and where my skin touches the lip.  It is not sore or does not cause pain or anything.  It has been there for about a year or so and doesn't seem to have gotten bigger.  You can stretch the skin by it and it kind of disappears.  I am not sure what it is, or is it something to worry about.  Thanks.
Cancel
5 Answers
Page 1 of 1
174515 tn?1191710869
if you poke it, or apply pressure to the blemish does it turn white or "dissapear"? is it flat or raised?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
It is mostly flat, but I guess a tad raised, hardly.  It, I would say dissapears if you apply pressure mostly.  Thanks so much for your help!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
174515 tn?1191710869
google cherry angioma and see if that is familiar. i think it may be something along those lines. if it is scaly you may need a doctor to take a look.

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Ok.  It is fairly flat and hardly noticable at this time.  I guess if it gets worse, then they can remove it.  Thanks!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
174515 tn?1191710869
the treatment is really simple. it involves a laser or electro cautery and takes under 5 minutes. minimal discomfort and a small scab for a few days.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
Top Dermatology Answerers
1340994 tn?1374197577
Blank