Red blotches on arm

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Red blotches on arm

I have red blotches on my arm which appeared on my arm several months ago. It causes no pain. When I massage my arm the blotches disappear for a couple of minutes. Also sometimes the blotches are gone(like after I take a shower) but mostly daily it is there. I am thinking that it might have to do something with blood circlution. Does anybody know what this is?
Avatar_dr_f_tn

Are these blotches itchy?

Are they raised?

Are there any known triggers of your skin condition?

This does not appear to be urgent however, if there is any associated swelling of your extremities, any pain, discoloration and numbness associated with the digits,then this may need prompt consult and evaluation.

I suggest that you have this checked by a dermatologist.

Do you have any known allergies?

Evaluation of coagulation factor levels ( PT,aPTT, and fibrinogen) and complete blood count including platelet count may help. Evaluation of the patency of your pulses is also necessary.This may be an allergic reaction.However,other factors like a bleeding or coagulation disorder may also present as blotches.

Is there any associated rash of similar character in other parts of the body?
The rash is not itchy or raised. I have semi sensitive skin.