Red blotches under skin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Red blotches under skin

8861975?1361316941
For a couple weeks now, randomly, I have been getting red blotches under my skin on my hands. These episodes only  last from a minute, to ten minutes and then usually go away. I don't think it's an allergic reaction. I am 14 years old, and wondering if I should go see a dermatologist about this. I just want to make sure nothing is wrong so I can stop being so paranoid.
One possibility for such rashes which appear all of a sudden and then disappear after 20-30 min after itching is hives or urticaria. Hives have a tendency to change size rapidly and to move around, disappearing in one place and reappearing in same or other places after some time. They are mostly in response to allergens in the environment but can also occur to hot and cold conditions.

The standard treatment of hives is oral antihistaminics and topical steroids. Oral antihistaminics relieve itching and you can get them over the counter but some of them may cause drowsiness and hence should be taken under a medical guidance. Topical steroids is available by prescription from a dermatologist.
In addition you can apply calamine lotion which will help in soothing the skin and take some vitamin C which is a general anti-allergy supplement. It helps stabilize mast cells so they are less likely to release histamine. You can also take a diet rich in vitamin C like citrus fruits, oranges, papaya, grapefruit, raspberries, blueberries, cranberries, and pineapple.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.