Red blotchy skin ... Eczema??

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Red blotchy skin ... Eczema??

I've been having really bad eczema these past couple of months. Red,patchy and itchy skin is everywhere on my body including my face. Sometimes it comes with out me itching ... is this eczema? I've been to the dermatologists and have tried numerous types of creams. The only thing that seems to work was a pill called Prednisone. But my doctor won't prescribe it long term because of the side effects it has. I really don't know what to do anymore.I've switched everything I'm using to fragrance free  (i.e. detergent, soaps, shampoo and makeup) I have my good days and bad days. But it really doesn't seem like its going anywhere. If this is eczema, wouldn't of the 6 creams I've tried have worked? Or can it be something else? Please help.
i have excema and the only cream that worked was Aveeno.  give it a shot
Eczema is a form of chronic dermatitis (rash).Allergic reaction is one of the important causes of eczema.Wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. You can take some OTC oral antihistamine medications like Benadryl or Claritin and see if it helps.

For mild-moderate eczema a weak steroid may be used (e.g. hydrocortisone as dermacort), whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid (e.g. clobetasol propionate, fluocinonide).

Eczema can be exacerbated by dryness of the skin. Use good quality moisturizers to prevent moisture loss from the skin.

If still the symptoms do not improve then pls get a clinical examination done by a dermatologist.

I hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.