Red bump on baby's head
My 2 month old has a red bump on his head.  My Pediatrician ordered a Ctscan but doctors at the hospital did not recommend a ctscan.  They ordered a ultrasound.  Results said it was a scalp lesion and it was not fluid filled.  They referred us to see a dermatologist. I am waiting to get a referral from the pediatrician. It does not hurt my son when pressed.  He is eating and acting fine.  No sign of pain.  I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this same problem or can give me any advice.  
Such kind of painless bump can be a small cyst, benign scalp tumor or a swollen lymph node (less likely). A CT scan will be helpful in confirming the diagnosis. If need arises then a biopsy of the skin lesion is helpful.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.