Dermatology Community
Red bump on inner thigh...
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Red bump on inner thigh...

Hi! I am 26 years old and have been having a problem with red bumps on my inner thigh. I been to the doctors several times, but they have not "fixed" me yet. I have just been worried that it might be something like MRSA or something serious. I was on the antibiotic bactrim for a while and they got better, but now and then one will pop up and get me worked up again. It started off with bumps (zit like) coming up on my inner thigh (also some on my arm). They would get red, warm, and have a red ring around the bump. They are somewhat painful, but not so bad I can't do my normal everyday stuff. Then they usually get better and turn in to purple/red spots and slowly go away. I have one now on my leg and just need some advice. I spoke with my doctor today and she said that she thought I would be okay and that she didn't want to put me on any more antibiotics because I have been on few different ones in the last few months. She said that I was young and she thought that my body would be able to fight the infection or bacteria (whatever it is), but it just might take some time. I just wanted to get some other input on what it might be. For the most part the bumps don't bother me but like last night it was red, hot, and had the red ring around it. Could it be folliculitis? Should it be something I should worry about or see another doctor? Thanks for the help.

Josh