Red bumps (acne-like) around genitals

Recently I have noticed red bumps around my genitals. Mostly they are on the area surrounding the genitals, but there are 1 or 2 bumps on the base of the penis itself. They strongly resemble plain acne (some of them even the white heads)

I am wondering whether this is likely an STD or just an allergic reaction. I have recently become sexually active with my partner and have been trying several different types of condoms and lubrications.

This is only the second person I have been sexually active with, and the last one was only one time and about 3 years ago.

Is it possible I have herpes or is it more likely just an allergic reaction?

Thanks.

Without examination,confirmation of a diagnosis is tough but it can be folliculitis,blocked sebaceous glands,contact dermatitis,rash due to friction rub with clothes, dermatitis (atopic, contact, allergic), eczema,excessive sweating causing sweat dermatitis or balanitis(due to an underlying infection (bacterial and fungal as well as other organisms) .

You may try calamine lotion on the rash. You should also maintain hygiene and try to keep the area clean and dry, wear loose-fitting cotton clothing. Also use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove.Avoid any kind of cosmetics. You can also use a barrier cream with zinc oxide paste or a mild steroid cream like dermacort on the rash.If the rash is itchy,you can take some antihistaminic like benadryl or Claritin.
If the rash persists then it will be best to get it evaluated from a dermatologist.

Hope it helps .Take care and pls do keep us posted in case you have any additional queries.Kind regards.