Red bumps along crease of thighs and buttocks...possible herpes?? please help me
I can't exactly remember the first time I noticed a small bump appearing at the top of my buttocks...right where the skin rubs together. It has been a really long time ago (atleast a year). Eventually another bump appeared almost directly opposite of it, on the other butt cheek. For a long time I didnt notice any new bumps until about 5 months ago I noticed a couple more small red bumps a long my butt crack and underneath my thighs where the skin folds. I have one small bump on my thigh closer to front onto my leg...and another small one a little closer to my vagina. They are small and red and sometimes itch or get sore when they get rubbed too much. None of the bumps are around my anus or on my vagina, or even extremely close. At first I thought they were infected hairs, but popping them hurt and I decided to leave them alone. Looking in the mirror, they look as if the run exactly down my panty line, and mostly where the skin meets. They are not open sores and they are not in clusters. They are just small raised, and slightly red. A few that I have picked out seem larger than others now...A few of them are close together but mostly just a bump here and there down my crack and where the skin meets my thighs.

I am regularly sexually active..and have had unprotected sex. I go to the gyno often because three years ago I was diagnosed with genital warts & HPV. I know what genital warts look like (comparing to the reoccuring ones I dealt with) and these bumps do not look like that. The last STD check I had done was in May and everything was Normal, including the HPV & HIV virus.

However, since that last test...I had unprotected sex with 3 people. I was tested for chlymidia and gonoreah about a month ago and both returned normal. I got a phone call from the medical lab letting me know that someone who I had had intercourse with in the past had tested positive for chlymidia...so I went right away to have the test done.

I was worried that this could possibly be herpes or something more serious because I have had so many scares in the past. I showed my mom the bumps and even though she is not a doctor she thinks they look like some sort of heat rash where my skin has been irritated and continues to rub together to spread it, but I am still scared.

If you could please give me some advice as to what it is..or what kind of treatment I should seek for this, it would really be appreciated.

Without examination,confirmation of a diagnosis is tough but it can be folliculitis,contact dermatitis,rash due to friction rub with clothes, dermatitis (atopic, contact, allergic),excessive sweating causing sweat dermatitis or due to an underlying infection (bacterial and fungal as well as other organisms) .
Although the bumps do not fit in the description of herpes but it cannot be ruled out as such.Herpes simplex is most easily transmitted by direct contact with a lesion or the body fluid of an infected individual. The only way of ruling it out is by getting yourself tested for genital herpes. Laboratory tests include: culture of the virus, direct fluorescent antibody (DFA) studies to detect virus, skin biopsy, and polymerase chain reaction (PCR) to test for presence of viral DNA.

You may try calamine lotion on the rash.You should also maintain hygiene and try to keep the area clean and dry, wear loose-fitting cotton clothing. Also use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove.Avoid any kind of cosmetics.You can also use a barrier cream with zinc oxide paste or calamine lotion or a mild steroid cream like dermacort on the rash. If the bumps are itchy,you  can take some antihistaminic like benadryl or Claritin.

If the lumps persist then it will be best to get it evaluated from a dermatologist.

Hope it helps. Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.Kind regards.

I literally have the same thing. I recently moved to Oregon and I've never been out of my home town my whole life. And once I moved I frequently get and itchy rash all over my body. I thought it was because pot it legal. All these new symptoms were coming. Also I recently got a new vehicle that has heated seats which I use frequently because it's always so rainy and cold here the heat did affect the aroma of my vagina because well, I was pretty much cooking it every day while driving. I do tend to wear tight jeans or leggings or yoga pants. And I started noticing the same kinds of bumps you are. They aren't on or surrounding my vagina or anus but they are on my inner thighs and under the crease of my butt. So like you said, where your underwear would go. They aren't itchy or stuff like that but they are embarrassing because I have a boyfriend and yeah, I do have unprotected sex with him and we have just found out we are going to have a baby. I've never had an STD check in my life because I never felt anything funny enough to get one. I've called around around talked to people and some say they could be anything from ingrown hairs, to wearing too tight of clothes, to too much moisture down there because sometimes after sex we just fall asleep and I'm still extremely wet down there. I've looked up so many pics and everything and from pics it could be anything at all. If you figure out what you have please Pease let me know.
i have the exact same thing near my thighs/vagina and my butt, they get itchy all the time but never sore, i generally have an itchy rash all over my body recently as well. i am also sexually active and have unprotected sex.if anyone knows anything to do with this please help