Red bumps and Scratch-looking marks on skin.

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I have been getting red bumps on my arm along with raised scratch marks on my torso, my back, my neck, my butt, and my legs that all itch. The arm bumps don't really each though. They appear and disappear within minutes. I went to the doctor and they gave me a blood test, and nothing came up that could resolve the issue. I have been taking benedryl, but it has not been helping the marks at all just a little itch relief.

I get these all the time when my skin is exposed to the air. I thought it was triggered by the cold, but it happens every time I take my shirt off and sometimes with it on.

What could be my problem and how can I make the bumps disappear so I can not be embarrassed walking around with these marks.
It looks like hives to me. Hives (medically known as urticaria) are red, itchy, raised areas of skin that appear in varying shapes and sizes. They have a tendency to change size rapidly and to move around, disappearing in one place and reappearing in other places, often in a matter of hours.
You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. You can take some OTC oral antihistamine medications like Benadryl or Claritin and see if it helps. If the symptoms persist then steroids may be needed. You have to consult a dermatologist in that case.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you very much for the help. I had previously set up an appointment with an allergen for tomorrow. Do you think they will be able to help me or should I cancel and find a dermatologist?
Urticaria can be diagnosed by an allergist as well as a dermatologist. Diagnosis of allergens causing allergies includes Skin ***** tests (pricking the skin with a needle or pin containing a small amount of the allergen ('***** Testing' or 'Scratch Testing'), Patch tests (by applying a patch to the skin, where the patch contains the allergen.) and RAST.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

Thank you for the answer. I saw an allergist today and they told me I had dermatographism or something. They told me that there is no known cure and that so he told me to get some over the counter drugs like Allegra, which I just got so I will start using it tomorrow and see if it helps.
Dermatographism is basically skin writing which means swelling of skin which you are having even on touching. It can be treated by antihistamines or cromoglicate and sometimes steroids, as they prevent the histamine from causing the reaction. As the underlying cause of dermographism is not known, it can last for many years without relief. You should take the treatment prescribed by your doctor at regular intervals.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.