Red bumps and sores on penis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Red bumps and sores on penis

Hello, recently in November I've had a breakout of red bumps and a sore on the shaft of my penis. It's been 2 months and has never discharged any liquid substances or bled. Every time I masturbate it seems to get extremely red and sensitive but just scales over the next day. My concern is that I went through a period of not masturbating at all for over 2 weeks and the scabs and dull bumps were still there. They wouldn't go away. Any clue or opinion on what this is would surely help. Thank you.
Without examination, confirmation of a diagnosis is tough but it can be folliculitis, cysts, skin tags or molluscum.

Apply warm compresses, Neosporin ointment and calamine lotion and avoid messing with it. You  can take anti-inflammatory pain killers like ibuprofen or acetaminophen. If the lumps persist then it will be best to get it evaluated from a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.