Red bumps and stretch marks

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Red bumps and stretch marks

I got thick stretch marks on my lower back and my upper buttocks and somehow there is less fat on my buttocks too. What makes it worse is that there are red bumps and spots all over these stretch marks and surrounding areas and a few on the buttock sides as well. im really worried what these can be?? can anyone advice or suggest what they think?
Avatar_dr_f_tn

Stretch marks may be noted due to decrease in skin's elasticity that may be a result of aging or weight loss. I would not be very worried about this unless you have been experiencing some weight loss lately. The red bumps may be a case of folliculitis which may be due to shaving the area, sweat, dust and tight outfits.

I suggest that you stick to a daily exercise regimen to improve blood flow to these areas. Good circulation will help improve the skin’s appearance. Also, make sure not to allow wet clothes from drying on the skin as this may cause a rash to develop. Drink plenty of water and eat well.

You may need topical antibiotics for the red bumps.
Avatar_dr_f_tn