Red bumps during menstruation
I have red painful bumps on the back of my neck just prior to, during, and just after menstruation.  They appear in the same place each month.  They have what seems to be a hard core, but no pus - only bloody, watery discharge if you try squeeze them.  I've found nothing that seems to help cure them.  What causes this?  What is a treatment?  What can be done to prevent them?
The appearance of such bumps before menses occurs due to hormonal changes that occur during this period.Eat a healthy, nutritious diet, indulge in yoga at this time to be stress free and avoid using cosmetics on the area during this period.Also apply warm compresses on the bumps and some topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment on the bumps.

In case the symptoms persist then pls consult a dermatologist.
I hope that helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing and if you have any additional queries.Kind regards.
Thank you for the information you provided.  I'll try your recommendations.  I have one question.  Can you give me any insight on why the breakouts alway occur in the same spot every month?  There are usually two or three inflammed bumps in the very same place that leave scars and the next month the same area with the scarring breaks out again.  I no other areas that break out.  As summer approaches, I generally wear my hair up and have dealt with the embarrassment of the scarring as someone will always as about it.  Also when the area is inflammed, I won't even attempt to wear my hair up because the spacing of the bumps makes it look like "fang marks" and is not something I care to try to explain.  I just recently thought of using Mederma on the scars to try to lessen the appearance.  Any additional information you can offer would be appreciated.