Dermatology Expert Forum
Red bumps on arms and legs.

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Red bumps on arms and legs.

I actually have two questons.  The first on is regarding my daughter.  She is nine and has a history of weird rashes and hives due to allergies.  We never found out about any allergies except penicillan.  She seems to have outgrown her sensitive skin.  I'll give you a brief history:  Hives, scabies twice, roseola, little whiteheads on cheeks, she still has these.  Recently she developed a rough rash on the outside of her upper thigh.  It started out red and rough, but now it is white in the area of the rash (her legs are slightly tan, but the area of the rash is white).  It is itchy, but doesn't bother her too much, it is fairly long, about four or five inches up and down and maybe a half inch to an inch in certain spots across.  She has had it about four months and it has remained about the same as far as flair ups go. (No flair ups, it's just there).

My second question is regarding my 2 year old son.  He has little red pimple like dots all over his arms, legs and cheeks, sometimes they get little whiteheads, I have squeezed some and little white heads come out.  Don't worry, Iv'e only done it once to see what was in there.  My doctor said it was dry skin.  I use Eucerin to moisturize and it has not helped at all.  I think maybe I need an alpha hydroxy lotion, but he is only two so I need something that won't irritate his skin. Please help!  Thank you!
Lisa:

I'm afraid I will not be able to discuss your kids' conditions with any degree of confidence.  Both descriptions sound very nondescript, and while they don't suggest anything serious, I think you will need to consult a doctor about this problem.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
My 2 year old son has always had what you describe on his little chubby cheeks.  I thought it was pimples but it was from dry skin.  Doc told me to try Aquaphor and it worked almost overnight.  Anytime I see his cheeks getting a little red, I put some on there and it prevents it from getting worse or if he has gotten a break out, I use it then and it goes away.  Great stuff!!
A related discussion, Red Bumps was started.
A related discussion, breakout in red bumbs on arms and legs only was started.
A related discussion, red bumps on armes and legs only was started.
A related discussion, me tooo was started.