Dermatology Community
Red bumps on buttocks
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Red bumps on buttocks

Recently I found out an ex of mine has HSV 1 and 2. I had a blood test and results came back negative for both types. Since then I have developed a bunch of small red bumps on my butt cheeks. They are spread around and aren't in clusters. They don't hurt or itch and they don't seem to resemble pimples. I'm concerned that maybe my test results were wrong and that it might be herpes. Another reason I'm concerned they're herpes is because I'm pretty sure they appeared the day after I had sex, i read online that sex can bring on an outbreak. How likely is it that the my results were wrong and if that seems unlikely what else could this be? Thank you!
Related Discussions
  • please help (1 replies):
    i have bumps in my head> red umm started with 2 bumps ...[more]
  • bump (1 replies):
    I have a bump on my bikini line. I pop it and blood came...[more]
  • Red Bump (1 replies):
    Okay 2 days ago I noticed a small red bump on the the to...[more]
  • Bumps on head (1 replies):
    I have bumps on my head, more like zits. If popped they...[more]
  • folliculitius (1 replies):
    can folliculitus be cured
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
folliculitis is the likely condition,the blood tests are highly sensitive and unlikely to show false reports.
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
I don’t think that they are herpes sores.Herpes sores do not appear all of a sudden.To me it sounds like folliculitis or rash due to friction rub with clothes.Folliculitis starts when hair follicles are damaged by friction from clothing or blockage of the follicle. In most cases of folliculitis, the damaged follicles are then infected with the bacteria Staphylococcus (staph).

Pls keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove.Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful.In case the symptoms persist then oral antibiotics may be needed.Pls consult a dermatologist in that case.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep us posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.Kind regards.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...