Dermatology Community
Red bumps on face for years
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Red bumps on face for years

10337807?1399080423
Hi there,

I figure there is no harm in trying this as I have been through almost everything. My situation is the following:

I have had these red raised spots on my face since I was a teenager (10 years now).
Doctors in the UK have not been able to diagnose the spots even after biopsies. They believe they might be blood vessels. Could this be true?
They cover most of my nose and right side of my face.
They do not hurt but if I cut them they will bleed for ages.
I have had laser surgery on them to reduce the redness but recently I have noticed some redness returning with more spots than I had originally.

I am wondering if anyone has come across anything like this before and if there is any treatment?
I feel that they are unsightly and I am considering surgery but as I noticed more have popped up in the past few years would it be worth it?

Sorry for the long post. I've attached some pictures but I'm kind of at a loss of where to go. Even if someone could point me in the right direction as I haven't had much success from my GPS.

Thanks you.
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
995833_tn?1375604252
Adenoma sebaceum.
Blank
Wow thank you. That definitely looks very similar to what I have. Not the best news but at least it gets me started.

One thing that concerns me though as adenoma sebaceum seems to be related to tuberous sclerosis. Does this mean I have that condition? I'll speak to my doctor about it but should I ask get checked for tumors?

With regards to the facial problems would plastic rather than laser ablation permanently solve this?

Thanks again for your help.
Blank
I've never had any other symptoms of Tiberius sclerosis. And have always been healthy could this really affect me? And my life expectancy?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...