Red bumps on hand and feet

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Red bumps on hand and feet

I am just getting over sinusitis, acute tonsillitis, and a cough. I am on an antibiotic and cough syrup. The other dayi started to get these red bumps on my hands and feet. They are irritated when I touch them. Is this a reaction to my medicine or what could it be?
Tags: RED BUMPS
Avatar dr f tn
Hi there,
I can confirm the cause only after a clinical examination. The type of rash, appearance of rash and other features of the rash are very useful in determining the cause of rash. It can possibly be an allergic reaction to these medications. What antibiotic have you been prescribed? It is best to stop talking the medication and see your doctor immediately and get this trash seen. Application of calamine lotion may provide soothing effect. Other causes could be keratosis pilaris; dyshidrotic eczema etc.Only examining the rash can confirm the diagnosis. Do keep us posted.
Take care and regards!