Red bumps on stomach, chest and back
I have small red bumps on my stomach, chest and back. They slightly resemble chicken pox, but no scabbing, minimal redness and slightly raised. No itching. I have been using Cortizone cream per a pharmacist's recommendation. They eliminated ringworm as a possibility. I think I have prevented it from spreading, but it's not going away. What could be the cause and treatment? No new soaps, lotions, perfumes, etc. Boyfriend and dogs do not have anything. Started using a new shampoo, but scalp and face unaffected. Also no new foods. Please help. Thanks.

Without examination,confirmation of a diagnosis is tough but it can be folliculitis, contact dermatitis,rash due to friction rub with clothes, dermatitis (atopic, contact, allergic)or excessive sweating causing sweat dermatitis.

Folliculitis is the inflammation of one or more hair follicles. The condition may occur anywhere on the skin.

Folliculitis starts when hair follicles are damaged by friction from clothing or blockage of the follicle. In most cases of folliculitis, the damaged follicles are then infected with the bacteria Staphylococcus (staph).

Pls keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove.Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful.In case the symptoms persist then oral antibiotics may be needed.Pls consult a dermatologist in that case.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing and if you have any additional queries.
Sounds like what I developed in the spring, I thought it was because I was out in the sun,which I am sensitive to, I ask the doc and she said it could be from a virus and was call (sp) piticyricus and should go away in a couple of weeks, I kept it a couple of months, it recently came back but not as bad and didn't last as long??  I used baby powder (it did seem to help) and loose clothes. May not be the same thing but mine also affected my upper arms, back, chest, and a little on my neck.
Best wishes.
My 12 year old granddaughter just came down with a small rash, slightly red/ pinkish and raised a small amount on her chest and back.  They are starting to move to her arms, shoulders and inner arms.  They are very itchy.  She just noticed them yesterday and her Mom put Hydrocortisone Cream and it seems to take the itch away.  What could it be?
This is exactly what I have and in the exact same spots. They took a biopsy and Will know in about a week. I will keep in touch and let you know my outcome.
Did you ever get the biopsy results?