Dermatology Expert Forum
Red circle rash on palm of hand

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Red circle rash on palm of hand

Dear Dr.

I recently had a biopsy but have not been able to get with the dermatologist because of death in my family.  They sent me the report and it was listed as compact keratocytes in the cornified layer three times the thickness it should be.  It was listed as orthohyperkeratosis with superficial lymphomononuclear and perivascular infiltrate.

I have had other rashes on my chest, neck and face, I have had low grade fever for months ranging 100-100.8.  They biopsied a rash on my chest a few months ago which had the same infiltrates but not the orthohyperkeratosis, the chest had some dermal sclerosis, but it was listed as non specific inflammation.  I had another rash on my chest that wasnt biopsied and it left two white dots and seems to have left a rashed odd shaped area.  The dermatologist noted that.

Any insight you may have to offer would be helpful

Thank you
These reports are all nonspecific; in other words, they do not point to a specific diagnosis, only to inflammation of the skin.  You will need to check with your dermatologist who perfomred the biopsy, so that the results can be interpreted in context.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff