Red circular rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Red circular rash

I have a 2 inch diameter circular rash on my side. It has a darker red ring around the outside. The inside is lighter red and scaly. It is slightly raised and is painful. It does not itch. I do not know how long I have had it.

This discussion is related to Granuloma Annulare.
I cannot confirm anything without examination but it can be granuloma annulare, nummular dermatitis or ringworm. It consists of reddish bumps arranged in a circle or ring which are itchy. Usually it is asymptomatic but due to cosmetic disfigurement topical or oral steroids may be needed. My sincere advice is to get it evaluated from a dermatologist.
Then it has to be differentiated from other possibilities like ringworm and nummular dermatitis also.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.