Red circular spots
Dear Dr.,

I have had a red circular patch, not raised or itchy, about the size of a dime or smaller on the outside of my inner thigh for several months.  Recently I have noticed more patches similar in description spreading around both of my inner thighs and particularly by the area closer to the buttocks.  They look a bit dry but otherwise just light red or sometimes light brown in color.  I have very sensitive skin and have had skin problems prior.  I have an appointment with an obgyn in a month but I'm worried it will get worse before then and I don't know whether to treat it with an antifungal or whether it could be an std.  Any suggestions?

This appears to be a fungal infection in the region. This is also known as Tinea Corporis and is typically circular or annular in nature, with central clearing.
Please also suggest reason to say that this may be an STD?

If a fungal infection, then hygiene and cleanliness are the norm. This should be accompanied by anti-fungal- oral and local application.

Hope this helped. Let me know if you may need any more information.

Best regards