Dermatology Community
Red dots on hands
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Red dots on hands

7308210?1318187864
I noticed these red dots on my hands this morning. There are several of them on both hands. They are all pretty much perfect circles, solid red throughout with no pus or apparent "bite" marks, and they're all the same size (a little smaller than a pencil eraser). They are not raised, painful, or itchy. They're just red dots (I wouldn't even call them "bumps") on the top and sides of my hands and fingers - none on my palms or feet. Any idea what they might be?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
These red dots can be due to viral infections or petechiael spots. Petechiae are pinpoint-sized red dots under the surface of the skin. They are common after skin trauma and viral infections. They should go away in a few days. But if they persist then please consult a physician and get other causes ruled out which include allergic reaction, autoimmune diseases, thrombocytopenia, ITP or leukemias.

My sincere advice is to get it examined from a dermatologist. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Blank
the same thing happened to me but its on my palm I have 2  on my left and 2 on my right. They showed up after I made homemade pretzels for fun. They don't itch or anything. So I was afraid that I had some bad disease but they are fading. They were bright red yesterday but, when I went outside to find my dog I looked at it and sort of looked like it had a rash around it. What's going on?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank