Red dots on legs and arms

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Red dots on legs and arms

6456454?1292453523
i have had these red dots all over my legs/arms for a while now. i haven't gone to a doctor about it yet.. i'm 13 years old and haven't been able to wear any leg revealing clothes for a year now because of this. i put a picture up of what's on my legs and it's pretty much the same thing on my arms. i do wear loose fit clothes whenever i'm home now though (my mom told me it could be skin irritation caused by tight pants) and i'm home pretty much every day but weekends. i'd really like to solve this on my own and not go to a doctor, but if it appears serious i will go to one. they do not hurt or itch at all, and they seem to be just on the surface. i moisturize everyday so i don't think it has anything to do with dry skin irritation. anyway please help because i really want to be able to wear shorts and stuff but it's just too embarrassing for me...
One possibility for your symptoms is keratosis pilaris. Keratosis pilaris occurs when the human body produces excess keratin, a natural protein in the skin. There is currently no known cure for keratosis pilaris, however, there are effective treatments available which make its symptoms less apparent. Treatment includes tretinoin or Triamcinolone cream or Adapalene, a retinoid medication. Exfoliation, intensive moisturizing creams, creams and lotions containing alpha hydroxy acids and urea may be used to temporarily improve the appearance and texture of affected skin.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

this looks like  heat rash to me. I'm not aware of a treatment for it but you can talk to your dermatologist OR post on the "ask an expert" forum.

TTYL,
Cindie
(Martikadragoon CL dermatology)
i don't think it's heat rash because i barely ever sweat haha, or get hot or whatever. but alright i'll check it out with a dermatologist and let you guys know