Red dots on skin that bleed

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Red dots on skin that bleed

have also had these spots for as long as I remember. Even as a child. I am getting a lot more now that I am getting older. I have not had an easy time with these spots either.... Since I was 17 they have randomly burst and they bleed uncontrollably! Most recent was today while I was sitting at my desk at work talking to a PATIENT!!! It is such a disturbance for me! I have learned not to even touch these spots but even unmessed with, they are still bursting. This is no small amount of blood either. I have one on my hand and a nurse once attempted to put a IV in it and burst it..... The doc saw FIRST HAND what happens and still does not have an answer for me! I do not know why I have these or why the randomly burst (at the most inconvenient time) or how to get rid of them..... It is extremely frustrating. Today I when it burst I was at work and I work in a hospital, so I walked down to the ER with my face and hands coved in blood and they told me apply pressure and it wasn't a reason to be seen! My Primary doc also witnessis the bleeding and told me not to worry about it. I just want them to stop randomly bleeding!! What should I do?