Red dry patch on my hip

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Red dry patch on my hip

I've had a patch of white dry skin on my right hip for a good three weeks. Originally I thought it was just because i always sleep on that side so i forced myself to sleep the other way. This didnt change anything so im assuming its eczema, but I had always heard that eczema came in patches all over the body, not just one place, It doesnt hurt or anything I just don't like how it looks
As far as I know, eczema can be confined into one place, and is most common that way. As far as how it looks, if it is flaking, you can generally rub it off, which will leave the skin slightly reddish. There are also many different types of topical creams which can be used to moisturize the dry area. Also try to avoid soaps on affected areas due to them stripping natural oils from the skin causing excessive dryness. In the end, just try to keep the area moisturized and all should be well.

Hope I helped,
Schuyler
I cannot confirm anything without examination but it can be eczema.  Wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. You can take some OTC oral antihistamine medications like Benadryl or Claritin and see if it helps.

For mild-moderate eczema a weak steroid may be used , whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid . Use good quality moisturizers to prevent moisture loss from the skin.

If still the symptoms do not improve then please get a clinical examination done by a dermatologist. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.