Red dry skin on face...

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Red dry skin on face...

Hi! im in my early 20's and the past year or so ive been getting a redness appear across my nose and face, it seems to just come an go on its own ... i get a flare up about once a month...then it will pretty much go.the skin will get very red/dry and sometimes even itchy. i have a very good diet (im a veggie) , and exercise regularly. i do suffer from a dry scalp but again will just come and go. the only things my doc's want to give me is steroid creams...they do seem to work but i hate the fact that im putting them om my face. is there anyting anyone can suggest ?! i'll link you to a pic of what it looks like in case this helps ?!
kind regards onis

[url=http://www.uploadit.org][img=http://server2.uploadit.org/files/dominic-06032007870.jpg][/url]
Have you ever tried udder cream.  I use it for my hands.  Its a nice thick lotion that does not leave that greasy feel.
I'm not sure what you are reading, but udder cream moisturizer(container with the black and white spots) does not have steroids in it. The ingredients are allantoin-botanical extract of the comfrey plant which helps with skin irritation/healing, dimethicone-a silicone based organic polymer, lanolin oil-basically wool grease, propylene glycol-organic compound for lubricant/moisturizer all in an emollient base-not an active ingredient. You should give this product a try as it really works great. If it continues it could be a rosacea,seborreic dermatitis,or even a sign of lupus-I'd check with a dermatologist. I know that you said that you were given an ointment, but I'm sorry that I don't remember if it was from your dr or specialist.  I'd try the ointment and see if it worked and got rid of the problem, but I don't think that long term use of steroids on the face are very good. It can cause wrinkles and permanent redness over time. Best of luck to you.
from what ive just read udder cream has steroids in it...i'd rather not put that kind for cream on my face...
thanks anyway.
Don't forget the B vitamins.  I have found my face will get dry red and itchy when I am low in B's.  Pantothenic acid is key in helping acne as well.  

Also you might have a blood test for celiac disease.  My mother has been vegetarian for years and just found out the source of all her auto-immune problems is celiac disease.  It has wreaked havoc on her over the years.  I'm being tested for it now - best to know before the really bad stuff sets in.