Red inflamed line extending from outer corner of eye lids on both eyes ...

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Red inflamed line extending from outer corner of eye lids on both eyes - HELP!

I have issues with the outer skin of my eye.  There are lines extending from the eye lid margins on both sides.  I have been to 5 opthamologists.  They still don't understand what this line is that is extending from the outer corner of both the eye margins, left more than right,  and is almost 1 inch long  now and keeps extending.  It is on both sides of the eye.  It's like an extended eyelid margin....almost like a hypertrophic scar.  It hurts and itches and sometimes even stings.  It gets red and almost feels like a permanent scar on both sides that keeps extending.  It just never goes away.  I have applied several steroid creams and fungal creams and bacitracin but it all seems to cause further inflammation.  I take zyrtec from time to time hoping that it may help but nothing does.  I cry not knowing what is causing it and in the mean time it keeps extending.  I wish I could add a picture for you to see and may be someone could give some feed back.  Please let me know if you have any information that may be helpful.  I keep reading that chronic blepharitis can cause scarring but my lids have no scar except these outside lines.  They start from the outer corner of the eyelid margin and extend towards the face almost an inch on both sides.  People think I have had eye surgery done and it's a scar from it when such is not the case.  Your help will be greatly appreciated.  I've been to 5 opthamologists and 2 dermatologists and they keep switching between steroid creams, Elidel, protopic and bacitracin.  I look forward to your reply or anyone who can shed some light or give me some advise.  And yes I have sometimes just left it without using anything for a couple of months hoping it will resolve on its own but it only gets worst!  And I have tried using allergy drops but again, they help the eye but this is on skin on the outer corner of the eye.