Red itchy bumps that turn purple
Hi! I have something going on with me that is getting worse. It started out as an itchy area on both of my butt cheeks, as I itched the areas, red bumps started to appear. They could be relieved by applying lotion or moisturizer back then but not now. This went on for about a month, then noticed bumps coming up on the lower part of my body like mesquito bites, mostly around my buttocks area, inside my thighs mostly around my panty line. These bumps itch so bad I can barely stand it, now the bumps look to be turning purplish in color and will not go away. Seens to be spreading. Is something biting me or what? I'm VERY concerned.
Hello, I have just gone through some kind of red itchy bump of what seemed to be a small mosquito bite. I started to think it might have been scabies, which are tiny mites.
As i became worried i searched forums everywhere to similar problems which actually can be several different causes:

*Laundry Detergent
*Pet Dander
*Bite (Or allergy to the bite) Scabies, flees ext... any type of mite
*Dry/Unbalanced skin - Humid or cold dry environment, Hot Showers, Lotions
*Allergies
*Hives
*Contact Dermatitides

All kinds of stuff in those categories

My problem was that i was not taking my medicine, "levothyroxine" which helps with Hypothyroidism which is low hormone levels - which can cause unbalanced skin.
It can be due to contact dermatitis , allergies, eczema or lichen planus. It is an itchy papular eruption characterized by its violaceous color. Lichen planus is an inflammatory disease that affects the skin and the oral mucosa, and presents itself in the form of papules(flat spots) or rashes. Treatment is available only on prescription and consists mainly of steroids, retinoids, hydroquinone and phototherapy.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Do you have pictures of this kind of rash?  I am having the same problem they are itchy and start to get bigger and turn purple.  My doctor prescribed a nystatin but it doesn't seem to be helping.