Dermatology Expert Forum
Red itchy rash on underside of foreskin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Red itchy rash on underside of foreskin

I have recently had unprotected sex with a new girlfriend (approx 3 weeks ago) and have developed a red itch rash underneath the foreskin just below the head of the penis, it is not causing me any pain and sometimes becomes more pink and less itchy on different days. After I have had sex it becomes red and itchy again but seems to calm down by morning?? It also looks like I am developing a small spot/blocth on the side of the penis head itself and am concerned as to what all this is? My girlfreind suffers from eczema, can it have something to do with that or have I contracted some sort of STD?? If it is a STD where do I need to go, if not any suggestions???

It sounds more like irritation than an STD.  I recommend minimizing friction, lubricating, and waiting.  (Also, not rubbing or examining too closely.)  If it persists, you can show it to a doctor, but I don't think it's an STD.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
Speaking from experience - not expertise! it sounds like as you suggested eczema which is not contagious by the way so you wont have contacted it from your gf. I would wait for a proffesional reply but it dosnt sound anything serious that a abit of cream wont clear up.
have same problem, inflammation of the foreskin, some spots on the penis...moisteizer and hydrocortizone didnt work....maybe is fungus and need antifungal....dr rokoff?
The rash seems to have cleared up on its own?? However I have developed a rash around the bottom of my scrotum that itches like mad. Its between my scrotom and the top of my leg, looks like red bumps/spots??? Also I have a couple of blisters on my lip, I have tried everything to get rid of them but they keep re-appearing, is this linked with my rash problems?? Any ideas??
A related discussion, itchy foreskin was started.
A related discussion, red rash, itchy foreskin was started.
I also develop some rash on my foreskin sometimes which easily breaks when rubbed. After a few hours you wont even notice the skin has been broken. It itchs mildly sometimes. May go for a month without appearing and sometimes appear twice a week. Please help, what could this be?
A related discussion, Red Itchy Foreskin - Botches, Rash or Abrasions was started.