Red itchy spot under eye

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Red itchy spot under eye

I have a spot right under my right eye. It started as just flaky skin that looked bad and applying makeup just made it look even worse. I'm sure it is from me constantly picking at it that it is now red and itchy all the time. It is always there and only in the one spot. I have put antibiotic cream on it, mosturizers, everything I can think of and nothing makes it go away. Could you please help me figure this out. I am unemployed and can't afford to go to a doctor to have it looked at. Two years ago my brother died of skin cancer and this patch really has me worried. Thank you so much for your help.
This dry patch of skin can be due to seborrehic dermatitis, dermatitis or eczema skin. Seborrheic dermatitis is a common skin condition that causes flaky, dry, white to yellowish scales to form on oily areas esp under the nose or anywhere on face.

Treatment usually involves use of antifungal, anti inflammatory and sebo suppressive or Keratolytic ingredients. Dermatologist also recommends the use of photodynamic therapy.

Please get the diagnosis confirmed from a dermatologist.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.