Red itchy spots on legs back arms and chest

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I'm a 21 year old female and i've been getting this red spots/itchy patches all over my legs, arms, back, chest and sometimes my neck. I try not to sctrach them but they are really itchy. I have longish nails so when I do i get red patchs like a rash all over! I've had this for the past 2/3 weeks and it just keeps getting worse. I don't want to go do the doctor as it's really embarrasing for me. I really don't know what to do to make it go away. Can anyone please help??

This discussion is related to very itchy red blotchy rash on torso, legs arms, back, and neck.
These can be due to hives. Hives (medically known as urticaria) are red, itchy, raised areas of skin that appear in varying shapes and sizes. They have a tendency to change size rapidly and to move around, disappearing in one place and reappearing in other places, often in a matter of hours.

Many cases of hives are "idiopathic," meaning no cause is known. Others may be triggered by viral infections or medications.
I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
I have beesn dealing with the same thing for a few months...I am 59 and this is still new...it finally reached most all of my body, was going two days with out sleep...calamine lotion, baking soda baths, Epsom salts baths nothing would work for very long...daughter thought Maybe it was scarlet fever...went to a doc in the box ...gave me a 3 day burst of prednisone and some topical cream....went away...my doc said I had adrenal fatigue. possible fungus or parasite...may have breathed in some mold from the barn???caffeine, acidic foods seem to bring it on agaiin...something related to cortisol?  I also had swelling in the legs and feet but the rash was a killer seems its trying to come back...