Dermatology Expert Forum
Red itchy spots on my belly
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Red itchy spots on my belly

I suddently have some red itchy spots on my belly after a dinner last week. I never have food allergy and all I ate were pork, beef and a little bit of shrimp.  
Those red spots increase to a dime size after I scratched them and become dark red if I leave them alone.  They have been there for a week and seems to increasing especially around those I scratch them.  

I would like to know what they are and what should I do with them?

Thanks,
Related Discussions
242489_tn?1210500813
They sound like blocked follicles.  I doubt the food had anything to do with them, but the scratching certainly didn't help.  I advise you to apply bacitracin or neosporin ointment on them daily and otherwise leave them alone.  If they're still there in 10 days--I doubt they will be--show them to a doctor.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
3 Comments
Blank
Anyone knows about toad skin problems? Patches of spotted dry skin over body, arms and legs... Any medical advise will be appreciated...
Blank
I have had the same itchy dry skin spots. I haven't went to the doctor yet but they sound like the same thing. They are all over my body and itch more everyday.If you have gotten any more answers please let me know.
Blank
A related discussion, Itchi Red Spots On Belly was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank