Red lines and blue/purple coloration

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Red lines and blue/purple coloration

6892558?1304960940
My hands including my arms have red lines that show up occasionally. They also sometimes turn a faint purple/blue color with the red lines and that's why I joke to my family that i'm an alien. I have heard that the red lines can be a symptom of rosacea which I have. Now my legs and feet only get the purple/blue coloring and to me and my family it looks creepy and unattractive. Ive noticed that i usually  get this blue/purple coloring on my hands, arms, legs, and feet when I am cold. All of this is very embarrassing and I always wonder what people think of me. I really would like to find out what the condition is and how it can be treated so I have normal looking skin.
Sounds like a poor circulation problem, mostly because you say it's worse when cold.
You should see your doctor about this.
From your symptoms Raynaud’s condition needs to be ruled out. Raynaud’s disease is a vascular disorder that affects blood flow to the extremities which include the fingers, toes, nose and ears when exposed to temperature changes or stress. This causes blueness and swelling of the skin.

I feel that a consultation of a physician will be the best. Other causes like peripheral vascular disease also have to be ruled out. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.