Red lumps that occationally disappear then reappear in the same places....

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Red lumps that occationally disappear then reappear in the same places...

I have these weird skin problems that I can't get answers to. Firstly I get cluster of red rash spots on both cheeks. They are large in size and raised off the skin. They alternate between cheeks and sometimes disappear but reappear again a short while after, like within weeks. Then at the same time I get this red ring mark on my chest - always in the same place that is raised and looks a bit like ringworm that again, appears for a few months, goes then reappears. I have extremely sensitive skin and I always get rashes, lumpy rashes like on my forehead and all over face, which is aside from the lumpy spots I get. I've tried cutting out alcohol as that always seemed to make it worse and also changed food habits to healthier but still there. Family are always asking me why I have so many lumpy rashes and spots all over me. I feel it is important to add that they are not sore or itchy BUT they can become itchy if I'm stressed or hot. But I also have a problem with itchiness, especially in the winter where I'm constantly itching either my head or most parts of body.

If someone could please help me I'd appreciate it. I recently who a dermotologist who referred me for biopsy but I never went because it was months later (the appointment) and I was in a 'clear' phase so I didn't go as I was extremely busy at work. Wish I had now!

I have looked online and looked at pictures like of ringworm and roscea and my symptoms just don't look the same as anything I've seen :-(

Thanks in advance,

Carly x
I cannot confirm anything without examination but it can be eczema. It is a form of chronic dermatitis (rash).Allergic reaction is one of the important causes of eczema. Allergic reaction can occur to strong soaps, Solvents, chemicals, certain foods, food additives, plants, metals, cosmetics, even urine and faeces of some animals (dust mites).

Diagnosis of skin allergies includes Skin ***** tests (pricking the skin with a needle or pin containing a small amount of the allergen ('***** Testing' or 'Scratch Testing'), Patch tests (by applying a patch to the skin, where the patch contains the allergen.) and RAST. I would suggest you to get a dermatologist’s evaluation and biopsy skin done.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.