Red mark on forehead between eyes

Over the last 3-4 years, I have noticed that everytime when (or just before) I fall ill, I have a strange red mark on my forehead (sometimes between the two eyebrows). The mark stays for 4-5 days and then vanishes and exists almost everytime I fall ill or have a headache. I have shown this to few physicians at the time of falling ill but they have all ignored saying that it is not something to bother about. However, with the regularity with which this happens, I wonder if it is a sign of something significant.

Yesterday, a much larger and bigger mark appeared on my forehead suddenly in the afternoon. I didn't rest my head anywhere during that period and was simply sitting in a train. The only thing that happened during that time was that there was a serious personal problem that cropped up and hence I was quite stressed during those 1.5 hours. When I walked out of the train, someone pointed out to me that I had this mark. Again I was clueless on how it happened as it is completely painless, with the only logic striking to me that it is related to stress levels too.

I am attaching a snap that shows yesterday's phenomenon.  The normal mark that happens is not as thick and is more like a short but broad red line.

Hope someone can help me out with what this is or the kind of specialist I should consult for this.

Cheers!
this isn't much of help but just wanted to let you know you're not the only one who gets that before they fall ill or whatever. the same thing happens to my dad before he gets sick with something it's strange and he doesn't know what it is either. but it doesn't really harm him, maybe it's like a stress mark? or a way your body reacts before you get sick?
These rashes that come and go are due to hives and they appear and disappear  in response to viral infections and medications. Oral antihistamine, such as Benadryl can be used. You should take a comfortably cool bath and covering the affected area with bandages and dressings can help protect the skin and prevent scratching. You should choose mild soaps without dyes or perfumes and use a mild, unscented laundry detergent when washing clothes, towels and bedding.

Also apply calamine lotion as it helps in soothing effect on the skin.

If the symptoms persist then get an evaluation done from a dermatologist.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

This just happened to me. Between my eyebrows. Bartonella maybe?
see the comment i posted below
Hi I get these marks quite regularly, looks like someone has scratched my forehead above my eyes/nose... Went to the dr he told me it was stress... Also get them before a head ache. They last anywhere from a day till 4 days, quite embarrassing as im fair skinned.  I think, I think too much lol.
I get the same thing . . . been getting if for past 5 years (I'm a 48 year old lawyer).  I think it's stress, but want to make sure its not indicative of some anuerism that needs attention.  Any news would be helpful.
__READ THIS__ Its not an allergeric reaction of any kind, I've tested it to its fullest ecstense. I have the same exact problem. I've noticed that I'm either sick or going to get sick and or stressed when the mark appears. You don't have to be a doctor to know the stress weakens the immune system. I've learned to associate it with STRESS. We stress the mark appears, we in turn get sick because we STRESS. My markings are usually horizonal but sometimes vertical. Also pay close attention to your sleeping patterns and Dreams. I've notice that there's a pattern. I have stressful dreams or nightmares when ever my mark appears. My mother saids that its my mark of creed, my spiritural bindi from a past life, mark of roylity, "heavy lays the crown" kind of thing. I'm just as clueless but all in all STRESS LESS and LIVE LONGER. I don't know any you but I love you all. Thank you reading.
Well what I no it's has to do whit that you to teak care of your health,

DO YOU FEEL SOME TIMES, THAT YOU GOT A TINGLING SPOT 1/2 INCH ABOVE THE BEGINNING OF YOUR NOSE.
Like a energy flow a head sensation, if you do  than you are in moment of spiritual awakening,

A line stands for god, earth to haven.

Type in google : red line symbol on for head!

I had this line also for two times but I have also sensation like that there are hands giving my a head treatment that is very relaxing!

and healing!

A line stands for god, earth to haven.

and healing!
Today I was sitting in my office and one of my colleague was passing through me and he pointed what happen to your forehead when I looked into mirror I was astonished a thin line above my nose just in the center of my forehead. The only thing which I can find common through the web I have read is STRESS and I was having very less sleeps for a long time. Let's see if it disappears in a day or two otherwise I will consult my doctor.

I'm a 32 year male and have been getting these red horizontal marks between and above my eye brows just before or after a pressure headache which can occur once or twice a month. I've been having these for the past 10 years and doctors have completely ignored me and have not been able to give any answers. The red marks do not itch or hurt and can last up to 4-5 days together with the headache.

I am convinced this is due to sinusitis as I've had all the symptoms since my early 20s. I am waiting for a result from my CT scan to see if I get an operation to clear any infection. I'm hoping this will relieve the headaches and consequently the red marks.

I'll keep you guys updated!

Anyone taking medicines with amphetamines like Adderall .. or cold medicines like Sudafed .. or opiate pain medications,  may be prone to this "red stress line"  the medicines stress the system just as some of these folks may be experiencing equally strong natural stress... any added thoughts on this??  Anyone have similar experience?
How odd. A month ago, I had a weird mark on my forehead, just like yours. At first, I ignored it. Then, I figured I would google it. I found this discussion thread and thought "Hmmm...hope I am not getting sick!"

Guess what?The NEXT DAY I got very very ill. I went to urgent care and tested positive for Strep Throat.

I was sicker than I have been in a long time. Lasted almost 3 weeks. To answer the past poster's question, I do take ADHD meds and have for years, but this is the first time I have ever had this sort of thing happen. Very interesting, indeed.
I am experiencing the same red blotch between eyes. I have some minor headache but like most in this post was unaware until someone pointed out the mark.
Again, not helpful, but I have the same mark.

I have had an uncharacteristically low level of sleep as of late due to a back injury, although it just showed up a few hours ago. Going to try to get some more sleep, but did document and take a picture of it.

Thanks a lot for originally posting this, definitely helps out a lot. Cheers.
Glad to know I'm not alone !!!  I'm now 49 yo male  (I get the feeling all these prior posts are men) Been getting these marks several times a year  for the last 4-5 yrs.. they last 3-5  days, between the eyes. At first, they came after heated arguments//me throwing a  temper tantrum-lol   just following, they would appear... I think, after I "Birthed" them for the first time,
the blood vessels that "make them up" must have some how "weakened"...
I say that because, the next and every time it's happened since, it is the same 2 marks, (one bigger), the same exact pattern and size...After a few times of my so called  "mean streak" appearing,  ever so often, it will appear un provoked, and sometimes I find it when I wake and look in the mirror...  My back ground is health care as an EMT..  All started after several yrs working in the emergency room... and yes-- the docs ain't gotta clue !!  So here I am today, with one of the darkest 2 marks yet, that I awoke to this morning, and the last thing that happened before I went to sleep was, My daughter called and told me "She's gonna have a Baby"!!
   Therefore, I tend to lean towards the "STRESS" factor, in all this... Especially beings that I have never once became sick/ill while experiencing this...  Glad to find this thread and Finally Know that I am not the "Only" one..     Please tell your friends or loved ones to respond to "This Thread" if your head "Blows Up".... for the rest of our benefits !!   LOL
AGH! you are on to something.
I think u are wrong. No disrepect but this isn't a topical problem. Its like a weird red bruise that doesn't hurt.
Are you on any sort of blood pressure or cholesterol medication? Or thyroid?
I am on all 3 (BP, CHOL, THYRO)
I have been getting them on and off for about  3yrs. Today the were brighter and wider than before. Should I see a Doctor or a dermatologist? Glad to have found this discussion, these marks scared me today.
I get the same thing its like as if I was wearing glasses in between my eyebrow all red  been getting it for years but I don't get sick  
This is so weird. I have the same thing. The mark is so thick and dark it makes me look like I have a monobrow! People are assuming it's from me pinching the bridge of my nose to relieve the pain (I've had a monster headache for the last 2 days because of withdrawing from a long-term painkiller. My head pain is right behind my left eyebrow every time. Strange

(oh, and to the person who said it appeared to only be men posting about this... I'm a female!)
What is the status of your mark now?

I have just gotten one today for no apparent reason for the first time ever. I am 22 years old and have never had something like this. It is a red/purple mark that runs the length in between my eyebrows. I don't feel any different then usual.
I've been getting these maybe 5 or 6 times a year for 30 years, I'd estimate. It's always when I wake up in the morning. They're always in exactly the same place--right between my eyes on the bridge of my nose. I have never been able to connect them to anything in my life. I'm a moderate drinker, but they happen even when I've had nothing do drink for days, and like everyone else in the world, I have some stress in my life, but they occur at times when I'm not under stress. There is no pattern to these at all--they just happen. In my case, they do not indicate that I will be sick in a few days. I've looked and looked on the internet, and NO ONE has any answer. One thing is that they are NOT pimples or rashes. They are blood beneath the skin. There is no pain or sensation of any kind and nothing can be felt on the surface of the skin. They always fade away after a few days, just as an ordinary bruise does. I find it amazing that not one dermatologist (mine had no idea) or health care professional has any clue what these are. Are we all mysteries of medical science?
I've been getting red blotch on my forehead, upon waking, several times a year.  The blotch grows bigger during the day, then the next morning, it shrinks to a tiny dark purple dot.  The dot takes several days to fade.  I heard it could be related to a headache, so I started paying attention and charted.  The last 2 episodes were indeed after and during a big headache (which I don't get very often).  My primary doctor and dermatologist have never heard of this.  And they don't seem to care about it either.  To me, it makes sense that it is some sort of capillary bleed related to my headaches.  Should it be a concern, I think so!
It is due to blockage or node/cyst - constricting blood flow - get a ct scan of your head
Add me to the group.  Every once in a while I get the red splotch between the eyes.  My mother gets it as well, and I have noticed it on someone at work.  I do seem to recall getting it when traveling, and this last one was associated with a headache, but no traveling.  I too think it's interesting that there is no explanation on the internet.  My dermatologist just shrugged it off.
Well now I know I am not completely crazy!  Woke up with this purple mark on bridge of nose. Out of nowhere. Stress-check, pain meds-check, disturbed sleep patterns-check. I switch from working nights 12 hrs x 3 days/wk to trying to live a normal daytime schedule on nights off. It does not hurt, but is very unsightly. Couldn't find anything on the web. Hope to continue this conversation.
I'm a 60+ yr old male.  I've been getting devil marks for 30 years.  Same as many, four or five times a year, and last for one to four days, depending on how dark they are.  The difference with me is that mine are symmetrical but can appear in different places:  two right above the bridge of the nose, and when severe a second pair farther up and a little wider apart.  More recent years, I get them toward the outside of my eyebrows.  Never found a doctor with a clue.  I associate mine with lack of sleep, sometimes irregular stomach, and always with stress.  Never led to being sick.  My kids gave them the name of "devil marks."  First time I ever found anyone else with this.  Nice to meet others with this same strange thing.
these marks between the eyes are caused by the stretching of this sensitive area by hand movements rubbing the eyebrows/ eye area for example when tired or smoothing across eyebrows with the palm. They are harmless and go away eventually. A similar mark occurs if rubbing upward over the nose if it itches for example. Sometimes the marks appear immediately sometimes they come out after a number of hours but they are the result of stretching the sensitive skin.
Hi... I just noticed the same this morning... And like you, I had a Grade A anger fit at my son for not taking his upcoming exams seriously and forgetting to bring home his revision work on his last day of school.
I am usually very calm and liberal with him, but yesterday I completely lost the plot.

This is the first time I noticed it and I wonder if now I will get this more often?
Im 33 year old and could see this red mark appearing between my eyebros. I beleive it is because of STRESS. Also noticed my BP is on higher scale. Guess this mark comes up when Im angry or when I keep thinking seroiusly. But someway its a sign for increasing BP which we never notice. Take care and check your BP levels immediately when you see this red mark.
Count me in too - vertical red line right between the eyebrows, about 1/2 inch long and 1/4 inch wide.  First appeard about 8 years ago during an extremely stressful period at work - I had my first ever heart palpitation overnight, and it was there bright red the next morning.  I thougth I must have hit my head while sleepwalking or something, but nope - it didn't hurt at all.  It has come back once every few years (including 2 nights ago), usually after a period of low sleep or stress, but not always.

I'm glad to see I'm not alone!  My physician had no idea what causes it.  

It would be interesting to find out what we all have in common (i.e., Bloodpressure, over/under/average weight, other medical conditions, etc).  Aside from the occasional heart palpitation (not hazardous), I'm pretty much healthy and of average weight.
Yea!

Thats the reason im looking for!
I'm 21 years old. Last week was really like awakaning for me. I've been meditating every day last week and at weekend i finnaly got to talk with my brother about it. We both found out new truths about ourself, numerology and staff. I felt im so awaere of everything. Next day those same markings appeared. All my friends tought i was sleeping in contact with somenthing but it feels little bit like burning and markings woudn't stay whole day from now. So i hope its some kind of awakening, third eye opening experience or somenthing.
This has also happened to me twice within a week. This time it's a vertical line above my nose between my brows. I haven't been sleeping well and have been under some stress. Just randomly happened and appeared out of nowhere.
You're obviously retarded if you think that 's true lmao. Its a skin reaction silly bum, not god or any sort of healing process.
In face mapping it's the spleen which is weakened during time of stress and instability. Your spleen is a filter for the blood and can cause a rash in that area.
today morning as soon as I  got up found a red mark between my eyes. got anxious and after going thru this thread came to know lot of us have it. but the sad part is most of them have said it comes before falling ill. its half day past now still no illness. will keep u guys updated related to this.
This is very weird. I have what appears to be a similar mark across my forehead. It is a thin red line extending from my upper left portion of my forehead down to the top of my right eye. I've noticed it comes and goes. This time I can say I am travelling over seas and just recently fell a bit ill. Maybe that is the connection. Just very bizarre. Any thoughts? Mine is very noticeable. Thanks!!
I have the same thing, a vertical dark red line right between my eyebrows/ top of the bridge of my nose. I have noticed that it only happens when I wear my contacts. Most of the time it appears right after I take them out for the night. I have a really dark one between my eyes right now and I'm hoping it will be gone by the morning. It's so strange and its happened for as long as I can remember. 20 year old female, by the way.
I don't think it has anything to do with anuerism.  I have gotten migraines for years and after my sister died from brain anuerism I had an mri to make sure I did not have one also(my father also has anuerisms).  I have no anuerism just migraines and the red mark.
It really isn't a rash.  It looks like a scratch but the skin is not broken.
I saw article below. The red mark is an indication of a health issue.

https://thepailife.paiskincare.com/2012/10/09/spot-the-problem-what-spots-on-different-parts-of-the-face-mean/  
I've had this come and go for years. My conclusion is that it's a weak blood vessel that leaks blood during times of high blood pressure.
I don't know how far it is silmilar but i have been experiencing strange marks near my eyes and nose from a long time. It appears slowly with a tiny red marks and day by day that marks starts getting bigger in size. I feel no pain or any kind of itchings but it really looks ugly though. Once i consulted my doctor and she said it might be due to eye infections because it those marks only appear near my eyes so she provided certain medicines and eye drops. But it didn't seem to be helpful. Those marks appeared again. They appears and vanished itself without doing anything.