Red mark on forehead between eyes

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Red mark on forehead between eyes

7094424?1311571210

Over the last 3-4 years, I have noticed that everytime when (or just before) I fall ill, I have a strange red mark on my forehead (sometimes between the two eyebrows). The mark stays for 4-5 days and then vanishes and exists almost everytime I fall ill or have a headache. I have shown this to few physicians at the time of falling ill but they have all ignored saying that it is not something to bother about. However, with the regularity with which this happens, I wonder if it is a sign of something significant.

Yesterday, a much larger and bigger mark appeared on my forehead suddenly in the afternoon. I didn't rest my head anywhere during that period and was simply sitting in a train. The only thing that happened during that time was that there was a serious personal problem that cropped up and hence I was quite stressed during those 1.5 hours. When I walked out of the train, someone pointed out to me that I had this mark. Again I was clueless on how it happened as it is completely painless, with the only logic striking to me that it is related to stress levels too.

I am attaching a snap that shows yesterday's phenomenon.  The normal mark that happens is not as thick and is more like a short but broad red line.

Hope someone can help me out with what this is or the kind of specialist I should consult for this.

Cheers!
this isn't much of help but just wanted to let you know you're not the only one who gets that before they fall ill or whatever. the same thing happens to my dad before he gets sick with something it's strange and he doesn't know what it is either. but it doesn't really harm him, maybe it's like a stress mark? or a way your body reacts before you get sick?
These rashes that come and go are due to hives and they appear and disappear  in response to viral infections and medications. Oral antihistamine, such as Benadryl can be used. You should take a comfortably cool bath and covering the affected area with bandages and dressings can help protect the skin and prevent scratching. You should choose mild soaps without dyes or perfumes and use a mild, unscented laundry detergent when washing clothes, towels and bedding.

Also apply calamine lotion as it helps in soothing effect on the skin.

If the symptoms persist then get an evaluation done from a dermatologist.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

This just happened to me. Between my eyebrows. Bartonella maybe?
see the comment i posted below
Hi I get these marks quite regularly, looks like someone has scratched my forehead above my eyes/nose... Went to the dr he told me it was stress... Also get them before a head ache. They last anywhere from a day till 4 days, quite embarrassing as im fair skinned.  I think, I think too much lol.
I get the same thing . . . been getting if for past 5 years (I'm a 48 year old lawyer).  I think it's stress, but want to make sure its not indicative of some anuerism that needs attention.  Any news would be helpful.
__READ THIS__ Its not an allergeric reaction of any kind, I've tested it to its fullest ecstense. I have the same exact problem. I've noticed that I'm either sick or going to get sick and or stressed when the mark appears. You don't have to be a doctor to know the stress weakens the immune system. I've learned to associate it with STRESS. We stress the mark appears, we in turn get sick because we STRESS. My markings are usually horizonal but sometimes vertical. Also pay close attention to your sleeping patterns and Dreams. I've notice that there's a pattern. I have stressful dreams or nightmares when ever my mark appears. My mother saids that its my mark of creed, my spiritural bindi from a past life, mark of roylity, "heavy lays the crown" kind of thing. I'm just as clueless but all in all STRESS LESS and LIVE LONGER. I don't know any you but I love you all. Thank you reading.
Well what I no it's has to do whit that you to teak care of your health,

DO YOU FEEL SOME TIMES, THAT YOU GOT A TINGLING SPOT 1/2 INCH ABOVE THE BEGINNING OF YOUR NOSE.
Like a energy flow a head sensation, if you do  than you are in moment of spiritual awakening,

A line stands for god, earth to haven.

Type in google : red line symbol on for head!

I had this line also for two times but I have also sensation like that there are hands giving my a head treatment that is very relaxing!

and healing!

A line stands for god, earth to haven.

and healing!
Today I was sitting in my office and one of my colleague was passing through me and he pointed what happen to your forehead when I looked into mirror I was astonished a thin line above my nose just in the center of my forehead. The only thing which I can find common through the web I have read is STRESS and I was having very less sleeps for a long time. Let's see if it disappears in a day or two otherwise I will consult my doctor.

I'm a 32 year male and have been getting these red horizontal marks between and above my eye brows just before or after a pressure headache which can occur once or twice a month. I've been having these for the past 10 years and doctors have completely ignored me and have not been able to give any answers. The red marks do not itch or hurt and can last up to 4-5 days together with the headache.

I am convinced this is due to sinusitis as I've had all the symptoms since my early 20s. I am waiting for a result from my CT scan to see if I get an operation to clear any infection. I'm hoping this will relieve the headaches and consequently the red marks.

I'll keep you guys updated!

Anyone taking medicines with amphetamines like Adderall (adderrall) .. or cold medicines like Sudafed .. or opiate pain medications,  may be prone to this "red stress line"  the medicines stress the system just as some of these folks may be experiencing equally strong natural stress... any added thoughts on this??  Anyone have similar experience?
How odd. A month ago, I had a weird mark on my forehead, just like yours. At first, I ignored it. Then, I figured I would google it. I found this discussion thread and thought "Hmmm...hope I am not getting sick!"

Guess what?The NEXT DAY I got very very ill. I went to urgent care and tested positive for Strep Throat.

I was sicker than I have been in a long time. Lasted almost 3 weeks. To answer the past poster's question, I do take ADHD meds and have for years, but this is the first time I have ever had this sort of thing happen. Very interesting, indeed.
I am experiencing the same red blotch between eyes. I have some minor headache but like most in this post was unaware until someone pointed out the mark.
Again, not helpful, but I have the same mark.

I have had an uncharacteristically low level of sleep as of late due to a back injury, although it just showed up a few hours ago. Going to try to get some more sleep, but did document and take a picture of it.

Thanks a lot for originally posting this, definitely helps out a lot. Cheers.
Glad to know I'm not alone !!!  I'm now 49 yo male  (I get the feeling all these prior posts are men) Been getting these marks several times a year  for the last 4-5 yrs.. they last 3-5  days, between the eyes. At first, they came after heated arguments//me throwing a  temper tantrum-lol   just following, they would appear... I think, after I "Birthed" them for the first time,
the blood vessels that "make them up" must have some how "weakened"...
I say that because, the next and every time it's happened since, it is the same 2 marks, (one bigger), the same exact pattern and size...After a few times of my so called  "mean streak" appearing,  ever so often, it will appear un provoked, and sometimes I find it when I wake and look in the mirror...  My back ground is health care as an EMT..  All started after several yrs working in the emergency room... and yes-- the docs ain't gotta clue !!  So here I am today, with one of the darkest 2 marks yet, that I awoke to this morning, and the last thing that happened before I went to sleep was, My daughter called and told me "She's gonna have a Baby"!!
   Therefore, I tend to lean towards the "STRESS" factor, in all this... Especially beings that I have never once became sick/ill while experiencing this...  Glad to find this thread and Finally Know that I am not the "Only" one..     Please tell your friends or loved ones to respond to "This Thread" if your head "Blows Up".... for the rest of our benefits !!   LOL