Red "mole" on nose

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Red "mole" on nose

I have had a red raised bump on the side of my nose for the past 4 years or so... that never seems to heal, but does not hurt. It looks like a tiny zit and some days it is inflamed... other days it is not.   In past few years, it has not changed much and is only slightly elevated.  It's small enough that it doesnt show up in photos.. and most people don't notice it.  Is this something I should get checked for skin cancer?
Avatar_dr_f_tn

If this has been present for years already and there seems to be no change in size, color and character then this may not be something that you should be worried about. In the presence of pain and itchiness, as well as in the presence of similar moles in other parts of the body, then you may need to have this assessed by your doctor.

Is the mole painful or itchy?

Any strong family history of cancer in the family?