Red painful swelling on shaft of penis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Red painful swelling on shaft of penis

Every now and then I notice one or two harmless pimple like bumps on the lower shaft of my penis. And they pop easily with a little puss; harmless, right? Well a few days ago, I was checking my junk in the shower casually, as you do, and I noticed another one of these 'harmless' pimples'. After my shower, I dried off and decided to pop it in order to get rid of it. I squeezed it and it didn't give in, no puss; nothing. So I pushed my fingers together on it with more force, and still nothing. I tried several more times, but still no puss. It was just irritated and slightly red. A day after, it started to get redder and a little painful. But I didn't take much notice to it. Then eventually it became uncomfortably painful. It was still red and now slightly swollen. I checked it a day later [today] and it was more painful, and I noticed that another part of my penis shaft was swelling, around to the side of the 'pimple'. The swelling it painful, and relatively red/pinkish, but only slightly. I've also been noticing slight pains around different regions of my penis, such as the side of the head and in my right testicle; just uneasiness, Any ideas of what this might be? It would be very appreciated. Have I injured a shaft, or something? Thanks. PS. I wouldn't consider an STI/D since I am after all a virgin. And the pimple appeared to originally be located on/very near a blood vessel.