Red patch/spots of skin on arms, torso, back and upper thighs
Hello

About a week ago I saw a few (5-6) red spots on my left arm. I thought it was some insect or something as I was working in my backyard that day. Next day I have this redness in many different areas - both arms, torso, back, and some on my upper thigh. My first guess was some kind of allergy - probably food allergy. So I took benadryl before I went to sleep. Next day the patches were somewhat lighter. I skipped the benadryl this time and now the redness returned and I think I had some more red spots formed - so I took benadryl again that night and the next night. I see that the redness is minimal when I wake up by becomes more red as the day passes. Seeing that I started taking benadryl 3 times a day for 1 day now. I don't have insurance right now so I am hesitating to go see a doctor. These spots are not itchy. I have not made any changes in my lifestyle, food, soap, detergent etc. What do I have?  
Not sure and am no expert but I have been researching a rash I have that is red bumps, mild itch and spreading.  I put hydrocortozone on it and the rash went crazy.  What I am finding is that most rashes are allergy or fungal related.  If your rash gets better and then comes back I would guess you are not dealing with an allergy.  Fungi will incubate and spread which it sounds like you're dealing with.  An allergy will not spread but may appear to do so if you are having continued exposure to your allergen.  Perhaps try an anti-fungal cream on a small part of the skin and see what happens after a few days.  The benadryl by appear to be helping but may only be addressing a symptom of your problem and its origin.  Good luck.