Red patches on my face on both sides of my nose

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Hello. I am 41 years old and am reasonably healthy. I do have a thyroid disorder and take a 125mg of Levothiroxine a day to compensate. Back in 2003/2004 I did suffer from lupus which and the time my dermatologist told me it was purely stress related and had me on cortisone for a few weeks.
For several years though I have had red skin patches on the side of my nose and of late they seem to be getting bigger and drier. The patch on the right side always seems to be larger and redder most of the time. If I do not put cream on it regularly the red skin will tend to flake. I do exercise regularly particularly jogging. I notice that it tends to get redder with the more I eat or drink.
I do not believe it is simply a eczema problem and was wondering whether it could be related to my nutrition and thyroid disorder or signs of some kidney problems as I have been told. Thanking you in anticipation for your support.
It can be due to seborrheic dermatitis or rosacea. Seborrheic dermatitis is a common skin condition that causes flaky, dry, scales to form on oily areas esp under the nose or anywhere on face. Rosacea is a cutaneous disorder primarily of the central part of the face , such as forehead; cheeks ;nose; and chin and presents as redness of these areas.

I suggest you to get it examined from a dermatologist so as to confirm the diagnosis.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.